Rib of Beef: Reared by Humphreys & Sons in Chelmsford
Rib of Beef: 2 (approx 3.4kg) - 3 ( approx 5.8kg)
Please be aware that the Ribs are priced per kilogram.The value above is a guide price only and is calculated guide weight range. The price of your Ribs will be determined once we know the exact weight.
As a guide every 1 kg of meat on the bone will feed 2 people.
eg: 4kg rib will feed 8 people
COOKING AND CARVING INSTRUCTIONS
- Season the joint with the crushed pepper and sea salt or a flavouring of your choice. Press onto the fat and flesh to evenly coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 220C/fan 200C/gas 7, then turn the oven down to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
- Cook for 20 minutes per 450g for medium/15 minutes per 450g for rare. Rest the meat for 15-30 minutes in a warm place.
- Slice the meat neatly away from the bone. Cut the meat away from in between the bones or separate the bones and serve as they are.
- Carve the joint into slices and serve.
Tip: Resting meat will make it more tender and juicy as it allows the juices to reabsorb evenly through it after cooking. Put your joint on a warm plate and cover it loosely with foil. Set aside for 15 - 30 minutes before carving it.
COLLECTION / DELIVERY INFO
All orders will be collected and paid for from Pattocks Farm, Chappel, Colchester CO6 2EG on the 22nd & 23rd December 8am-5pm, or 24th December 8am-1pm.
Home delivery is available at checkout.